a t-shirt for life
We at Bang On The Door are aware of the damage fast fashion brings to our environment.
We don't want you to buy a t-shirt or product from us only to wear it a few times
We want you to have a t-shirt for life.
That is why we strive to only print on super high-quality, durable t-shirts.
Our t-shirts are made with ( GOTS ) organic certified cotton which is grown without the use of synthetic pesticides and fertilisers
Our suppliers are affiliated with Fairwear Foundation for Corporate Social responsibility, which is also Certified by PETA - and suitable for vegans.
Our printers are eco friendly pioneers and use exclusively water based inks.
* The inks on our t-shirts do not contain ozone depleting chemicals such as CFCs and HCFCs, aromatic solvents or any volatile solvents.
* They don’t contain leads or heavy metals. They do not contain any toxic elements.
* The inks have passed Oekotex Class 1 and are safe for babies wear.
* They are certified organic with the soil association and vegan.
* Although screen emulsions usually contain gelatine the ones used for our t-shirts are vegan.
We have selected the very best t-shirt we could find.
* Single jersey 100% cotton- organic open end.
* Fabric washed.
* 240gm/m2Set-in sleeve 1x1 rib at neck collar.
* Inside back neck tape in self fabric.
* Sleeve hem and bottom hem with wide double needle topstitch.
* Slightly rougher fabric characteristic.
We have custom made our sew-in tags - they are 100% organic unbleached cotton.
We use grass paper mailers which as an excellent eco-friendly alternative to polythene mailing bags.
* They are made from grass fibre in Somerset .
* Fully recyclable and compostable.
* the grass is fast growing and from a renewable source. grass paper mailing bags have the same life span as standard paper with significantly less water and energy needed in the process and no chemicals involved.
bang on the door then
Bang On The Door was started by two designers, karen duncan & samantha stringle, in a cold flat above a butcher’s shop in north london in 1988. The brand starts with the sale of t-shirts on a stall at camden market. The strong, simple & humourous images of animals with black outlines & bold, flat colours proved very popular with people of all ages & formed the distinctive style of Bang On The Door.
bang on the door now
Although lots has happened in between.....
Bang On The Door is now focused on keeping everything we do as sustainable and eco friendly as we possibly can. We are learning all the time.
We are so excited to launch this new phase with a fab new team and are very happy with this first collection. Thanks for all the support we have received so far.
an original groovy chick
designer of animals and all things fun
sad sac founding father
legend in the making
I did the website
I do websites